About Me

My photo
San Diego, California, United States
20-Dec-11

Greetings!

I am a 37 year-old paramedic who has spent the past 9 years in academia teaching everything from Medical Assisting to Paramedicine and represented education on CA EMSA’s 2011 EMR Task Force which reviewed EMR regulations in CA Title 22. I hold an Associate’s Degree in Paramedic Education and Management from Camden County College.

In addition to my work in academia, I spent the past 16 years working in EMS as an EMT, Paramedic, Air Rescue and Ground Dispatcher, ER Tech, and General Manager of an Ambulance Company.

Outside of work, I generally find myself working as a volunteer in my community. I am one of the Medical Managers for both SF Pride and Folsom Street Events. In August of 2011, I felt there was a need for California to have a state organization for EMS professionals and subsequently founded the CA Association of EMT’s (www.caaemt.org), for which I am the current President.

For recreation, I enjoy outdoor activities at the beach or in the snow. I am engaged to be married, but that will have to wait until I’m done with nursing school.

I hope you enjoy this blog and thanks for tuning in!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Inception


As my first entry in this blog, I would like to thank you for tuning in!  I hope that, as a reader, you find it both enjoyable and informative. 

This is the first blog that I have ever created, but I have been writing seriously since I was in the 8th grade.  The majority of my published work has been creative writing and poetry, but I have a number of unpublished business proposals, academic papers, and business plans that have been used in the course of my career in medicine and education.  In addition to standard writing, I have written curriculum for a number of different health care programs.  That said, the style of writing I will use for this blog will be somewhere in between creative writing and a research paper; I hope this will give you a fact-based blog that won’t be used as a sleeping aid.

The first few entries will give you an understanding of my first days and experience in medicine, an up-to-date accounting of what I have accomplished so far in my journey of nursing school, and an analysis of what I believe my strengths and struggles will be during nursing school.  During the latter point, I will begin to compare and contrast my position now with where I was during paramedic school twelve years ago. 

Again, thanks for reading!  Feel free to comment on any and all posts!

2 comments:

  1. This should be interesting! Keep up the great work!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve!

    I'll do my best - check out the post "History"... It's recently uploaded!

    Erich

    ReplyDelete